Monday, October 3, 2011

Allow

To fight another day is all that I am asking you to allow.  My fight takes the turn for the worst as I see you taking his hand.  He is the damned, the man that I have to fight to get rid of.  So now I have to ask, allow my presence to take on a new light.  Let that light take over and shed upon you the ever tangled emotions that I bear.  My mind screams at me, tells me that I am an idiot that I need to shut up and start moving on.  Yet my heart tells me the complete opposite.  You see you took from me what I need.  I can't survive much longer without the love that you must give.  I have tried and failed to take my hand away, to turn away and see another in the same light, but it is you that I want, you that I need.  I have tried and have failed.  I see your photograph as I lay in my bed, and I have an uncontrollable rage that tells me that you are mine and I cannot stand to see you with someone that is not me.  I don't know how much longer I can stand not being with you and, yes hun, yes I am missing you.  Take me with you, allow me the second chance to make the things that I have not done right to be done right once more.  Allow me.  Oh please ALLOW me that second chance that I so deserve.  Just allow it once more.  ALLOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts